Studio Sardo is an professional association.
It was established in 2000 in Catania (Italy) from prof. Vito Sardo, in order to support several international activities of the Irrigation & drainage, bioenergy, sustainable development, crop cultivation on saline soils.
It had many experiences with the European Commission activities:
It was also partner or subcontractor in various JOULE, FAIR, ENVIRONMENT AND CLIMATE, INCO programs, Consultant in the Centre International Hautes Etudes Agronomiques Méditerranéennes – Institute of Bari (Italy); Consultant in the Italian Company for Electric Power (ENEL) as expert for bioenergy. Furthermore it has strong links with local research centers and governmental institutions, which is useful for disseminating results and giving them immediate application.
In 2011, after the death of prof. Vito Sardo, the association Studio Sardo was renovate from his heirs, in order to continue his activity and his mission.
Mission and Activities
- sustainable development;
- promotion of renewables energy;
- contribute to research and development;
- environmental policies;
- disseminating results.
Science and Tecnology Park of Sicily (STPS)
Founded as a virtual model, in 2001 it turns into a physical reality becoming a catalyst between the demand for innovative products and processes of SMEs and the innovative solution deriving from the Regional Research System.
The PSTS through its cutting-edge laboratory facilities, with high technological equipment and specialized personnel, provides innovative services for SMEs:
- Project management (planning, funding, research partners, reporting)
- Feasibility studies for process innovations and product
- Technology transfer
- Tutoring for potential new businesses
- Matching of entrepreneurs and venture capital investors
- Support for internationalization
- Analysis and testing laboratories
- Hiring and training technology platforms
- Advanced technical training courses and management
It is a non-profit, public equivalent energy agency operating on a national level.
The synergistic networking of the Agency has been crucial for MIEMA to reach its objectives.
MIEMA aims to:
- raise public awareness on energy issues
- collaborate with national and local authorities towards Malts’s energy targets
- promote SEAPs and the Covenant of Mayors among local communities
- provide training on energy issues to enterprises
- participate in energy and environment related projects
- support research and development in the energy sector
- promote sustainable development in its social, environmental and economic dimensions
The National Research Center is the largest of all institutions in the Middle East,is affiliated to the Ministry of Scientific Research.It is located in Cairo ,Egypt.It Employs 70% of all scientists working in Egyptian institutions. Its organization structure is composed of a board of directors headed by the president and two vice presidents for technical and research scientific affairs and the heads of 13 research divisions together with five selected expert persons. The research divisions represent different scientific fields of health and environment, industrial research, agriculture and biology and basic sciences.
Man Power constituting the Center is divided to : 5232 as Research Staff and 2225 as Administrative Staff.
Projects are classified according to their financial sources:
- In house projects
- Local projects
- International projects.
Interaction with Production and Service Sector
- Establishment of Businessmen and Investors’ Office.
- Including key investors in the Board of directors and divisions.
- Research & Development. Council
- Special Service Units.
- Organizing workshops, symposia, conferences and field visits and studies.
- Exhibitions for scientific products.
- Production oriented MS.c and Ph.D. research points.
- International Relations
- Natural Unit for Analysis and Scientific Service (CUSS)
- International Relations