Studio Sardo association
Studio Sardo is an professional association.
It was established in 2000 in Catania (Italy) from prof. Vito Sardo, in order to support several international activities of the Irrigation & drainage, bioenergy, sustainable development, crop cultivation on saline soils.
It had many experiences with the European Commission activities:
It was also partner or subcontractor in various JOULE, FAIR, ENVIRONMENT AND CLIMATE, INCO programs, Consultant in the Centre International Hautes Etudes Agronomiques Méditerranéennes – Institute of Bari (Italy); Consultant in the Italian Company for Electric Power (ENEL) as expert for bioenergy. Furthermore it has strong links with local research centers and governmental institutions, which is useful for disseminating results and giving them immediate application.
In 2011, after the death of prof. Vito Sardo, the association Studio Sardo was renovate from his heirs, in order to continue his activity and his mission.
Mission and Activities
- sustainable development;
- promotion of renewables energy;
- contribute to research and development;
- environmental policies;
- disseminating results.
Science and Tecnology Park of Sicily (STPS)
Founded as a virtual model, in 2001 it turns into a physical reality becoming a catalyst between the demand for innovative products and processes of SMEs and the innovative solution deriving from the Regional Research System.
The PSTS through its cutting-edge laboratory facilities, with high technological equipment and specialized personnel, provides innovative services for SMEs:
- Project management (planning, funding, research partners, reporting)
- Feasibility studies for process innovations and product
- Technology transfer
- Tutoring for potential new businesses
- Matching of entrepreneurs and venture capital investors
- Support for internationalization
- Analysis and testing laboratories
- Hiring and training technology platforms
- Advanced technical training courses and management